Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 lb. Fresh Asparagus
- 8 oz. Neufchatel Cheese at Room Temperature (Found right next to the Cream Cheese)
- 8 Slices of Prosciutto (I buy mine at the Deli and have them slice it fresh for me. You can get it a little thicker which will make spreading the cheese easier.
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Black Pepper
2. Wash the asparagus and trim off bottom ends about an inch.
|An easy way to know where to trim is by bending it and see where it snaps.|
4. Lay out the Prosciutto and spread Neufchatel over it.
|Be careful not to tear the Prosciutto. The cheese will ooze out if you do.|
|Start out toward top of spear on an angle.|
|Roll all the way to the end.|
6. Drizzle a little Olive oil on your baking sheet so they don't stick, then place your wrapped asparagus on it. Drizzle some more Olive Oil over the asparagus and add just a little black pepper.
|You want to bake it just until the Prosciutto starts to crisp up and the cheese is just about to ooze out.|
|Done and ready to serve|
|We had ours as a side with my Smoked Gouda Chicken Cordon Bleu.|