(Makes about 3 Cups)
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 Cup Uncooked Long Grain Rice
- 3 Tablespoons Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 8oz Can of Ro-Tel Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Onion, Small Dice
- 1/4 Cup Green Pepper, Small Dice
- 1 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add the Canola oil. Let oil get nice and hot.
- Add rice. Stir frequently and try not to let it brown.
- After about a minute, add onion and peppers.
- The rice will eventually change from looking translucent to a very white. At this point, add the cumin and garlic salt, stirring constantly.
- When that is mixed in, add the tomato sauce and chicken broth. It will boil almost immediately. Stir, cover with lid, and turn heat to low to just simmering.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
|Here are the ingredients.|
|The rice before it's cooked in the oil.|
|It will get a white appearance and not be translucent.|
|The finished rice.|