When you go to the supermarket, all the different options can be overwhelming. But instead of going there for you meat, here is a better idea. As I always say, support your local farmers!
Grass fed beef has many health benefits. Here are 10 reasons to start eating Grass fed:
Score Ten for Grass-Fed Beef
- Lower in total fat
- Higher in beta-carotene
- Higher in vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
- Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
- Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium
- Higher in total omega-3s
- A healthier ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (1.65 vs 4.84)
- Higher in CLA (cis-9 trans-11), a potential cancer fighter
- Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
- Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease
To find a local farmer near you, go to www.eatwild.com.