Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bacon is Complete!

Today, I took out the bacon from the fridge, rinsed it off, patted it dry, and placed on a cookie sheet in the oven set at 200 degrees. Let it sit in there for just over 90 minutes. Took it out and let it cool. We couldn't wait and sliced off a few slices and fried it up! I was pleasantly surprised, IT TASTED JUST LIKE BACON!!! It has a slight sweetness from the brown sugar. Just the right amount of salt. the only thing that I was unhappy with was when I grabbed the thyme to add to the cure, I accidentally grabbed oregano and didn't realize it until I had a little bit in it. But other than that, it was AWESOME! I can't wait to experiment and see what flavors I can create.

 Fresh out of the oven.


 After we fried it up.
Next time I make bacon, I will make sure the smoker isn't buried in the shed and smoke it. Maybe some Hickory or even Applewood would give it a great taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment