Sunday, March 4, 2012

First Blog and Gardening

Ok, so today I have hopefully figured out how to get this thing going! I'm sure I will learn as I go, so please bear with me if things get a little screwy.

I've been pretty busy planning this year's garden. I recently purchased and received some seeds through the mail. I will be trying out San Marzano tomatoes this year. We juice and can most of the tomatoes we grow and turn the juice into sauce later on. So this year, I thought why waste time and jars when I can just can the finished product. I also decided to grow some very different veggies this year.
Here's this year's list:

Veggies

  1. San Marzano Tomatoes
  2. Poblano Peppers
  3. Green Peppers
  4. Jalapeno Peppers
  5. Pimiento Peppers (Going to try to make my own Paprika)
  6. Yardlong Beans
  7. Lunar White Carrots
  8. Delikatesse Cucumbers (For Pickles)
  9. Okra
  10. Zucchini
  11. Beets
  12. Michihli Cabbage
  13. Bianca di Maggio Onions
  14. He Shi Ko Bunching Onions
  15. Snow Peas
  16. Tomatillos
  17. Eggplant

Fruit

  1. Banana Melon
  2. Watermelon
Herbs

  1. Fennel
  2. Basil
  3. Oregano
  4. Dill
  5. Parsley
  6. Cumin
  7. Tarragon
  8. Rosemary
And lastly, something totally different.... POPCORN!
We will see how all this goes. I have to build some raised beds and start some of my seeds. Some later too.

No comments:

Post a Comment