Cheesy Pesto Orzo with Mushrooms, Tomato, Zucchini.
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Small Zucchini
- 4 oz. White Mushrooms
- 14.5 oz. Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Orzo Pasta
- Splash White Wine
- 1 Cup Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 4 oz. Basil Pesto
- Bring water to boil in a Medium Pot. Add Orzo. Cook to package directions. Drain.
- Small dice the Zucchini and Mushrooms and set aside.
- Place Saute Pan over Medium heat. Add Olive Oil.
- Finely dice Onion and add to pan.
- While onion is sauteing, mince garlic and add to pan. Be careful not to burn garlic.
- Add Mushrooms, Zucchini, and Splash of White Wine.
- Saute until tender.
- Add can of Petite Diced Tomatoes and bring to simmer.
- Add cooked Orzo to mixture.
- Add Pesto and Cheese. Mix until incorporated.
- I like to add a Tablespoon or 2 of Pasta water while bringing to simmer.
- You can add more or less of the vegetables.
- You can add more or less of the Pesto and Cheese, depending on your preference.
|Added the onion|
|Added Zucchini and garlic|
|Added Mushrooms and wine|
|Added tomatoes and pasta water|
|Added Orzo and Pesto|
|Final product topped with cheese|