Sunday, March 25, 2012

Smoked Gouda Mac-n-Cheese

Last night for dinner, we had some awesome Mac-n-Cheese. It wasn't my own creation, but I thought I'd post pictures and tell you about it. My wife found the recipe on Pinterest. Here is the direct link for the recipe, http://kitchencookoff.msn.com/articles/en-us/detail/all/32541567.

It uses your traditional Beschamel Sauce, rich and creamy, and some tasty Kielbasa. I made a few changes myself. Here are the changes I made:

  1. I used Elbow Macaroni instead of Shells.
  2. I didn't use breadcrumbs per wife's request.
  3. I used Smith's Kielbasa Links ( http://www.smithhotdogs.com/products/sausage_rings_and_more/), and cut them in small pieces.
  4. I shredded extra Gouda and put extra on top.
All in all, it turned out pretty tasty. Here are some pictures.






I cut the rind off before I shredded it.
Finished Product

Plated with Brussels Sprouts

Make sure you head over to the link to get the recipe! You will be glad you did. If you don't like Smoked Gouda, use regular or another cheese you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment