Thursday, October 11, 2012

First Lunch Done!

Today was our first lunch! It went pretty well! I was the Kitchen Manager and Allison was the Front of the House Manager. A couple of hiccups but that was to be expected being the first one that we were in charge of.

First off I want to say thank you to all who came to help. Jameel, Amanda, Carol, and Emily, we appreciate all your help. To all my classmates, everyone did a great job!

So our theme was German Food. Just in time for Oktoberfest! We served Reisling, Lemonade, Water, Tea, and Coffee.

 Here is a picture of our menu:
My Menu
Allison's Menu

Now for the pictures!

Menu and Place Setting
Chilled Soups: Grape Gazpacho, Creamy Tomato Basil, and Butternut Squash.
 
Allison's Sauerbraten with German Fries and Red Cabbage

My Chicken Schnitzel Stapel with Potato Galette and Sauteed Brussels Sprouts

Special Dessert for my Sweetie!!

My Pistachio Cheesecake with Cherry Sauce and Chocolate Filigree.

Allison's Black Forest S'mores.
Excuse my appearance. Took a break to come out and say Hi to the family.
Overall, I think it turned out well. If you've never been to one of Mercyhurst University's Lunch Series, you must definitely come out and try one. Unfortunately, they are all booked up for this term.

Oh, and I forgot to introduce my partner, Allison.
Allison and Olive Oil

1 comment:

  1. Jason let me know when you have an open luncheon.We just went to Natalie's dinner Wednesday. Your pictures made me drool.Great tablescapes too. Hugs Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete