While dining at a restaurant, that I shall not mention, they have a dish called Fiesta Lime Chicken. It was good but not great. After making a huge batch of my Summer Salsa, I had an idea that later became this dish. It isn't that close to the restaurant dish, but was inspired by it. Over the past 4 or 5 times I've made it, little tweaks have made it into what it is now!
When making this dish, you HAVE to make it with my Summer Salsa. If you use jarred, it will taste not so well. You can find the Summer Salsa recipe on another post.
Summer Salsa Lime Chicken
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
For the marinade
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 Lime
- Zest from 1 Lime
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Handful of Tortilla Chips, crushed.
- Lime wedge
- Summer Salsa (On other post)
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Pound Chicken thin to about 3/8" thick. Coat with marinade and place in refrigerator for 15 miutes.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side until no longer pink.
- When chicken is done, place mound of shredded cheese on top and close lid or cover.
- While cheese is melting, crush a handful of tortilla chips to make a bed for the chicken to sit on.
- Once cheese is melted, place chicken on bed of crushed tortilla chips.
- Top with mound of Summer Salsa.
- Sprinkle chips, chicken, and Salsa with lime juice and garnish with Lime Slice.
|Garlic and Lime Zest for Marinade|
|Pounding out chicken.|
|Grilling the chicken|
|Grilling the chicken on the Induction Cooktop.|
|Adding the cheese to the chicken.|
|Cover Chicken to melt cheese.|
|Finished dish. Served with Sauteed Zucchini and Mexican Rice.|
I didn't list amounts of ingredients for the chicken because it all depends on the size of the chicken. I cover the chicken completely with cheese. Same with the salsa and the bed of tortilla chips.